My Love for the Cinema


I grew up, well poor. My first real movie in the theater was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone when I was 7 years old. That's actually the only movie that I saw with my mother in the cinema.

We had a TV at home an it was quite decent, but witnessing a movie on a gigantic screen surrounded by the sounds, was something else. I wanted to see more, but the small theater in our town showed just two movies in one day and only on the weekends.
Years later my father would take us (my brother and me) sometimes during summer vacation to see a movie or two, in a bigger city. He didn't watch it with us, but I never minded it. I always summarized it for him on the ride home.

As I went to middle school my friends would invite me to go with them to see a movie. They preferred more girly movies so in high school I preferred to see a movie with boys, since they enjoyed thrillers, action and horror.

I also learned the joy of going alone to see a movie. I don't feel sad or embarrassed to go alone. I go alone when I REALLY want to see a movie, or when I need some me-time.


I also learned that if you go to the cinema often, it's cheaper to get a subscription or a pinch card like I did. The only downside is that you can't go on Saturdays or opening weekend and that you have to pay a lot in front. With my card I pay €7.00 a movie instead of €8.50-€9.00 and for 3D I have to pay additional €1.00 so I save up for one movie every 10 movies that I see.

So I used to see maybe 3-5 movies a year and now I go to the cinema 10-15 times a year.

Do you go to the cinema? What's your favourite movie? Let me know in the comments below :)

Komentarze