Less IS More

I don't go shopping often. I buy clothes twice a year and a new phone every three years. But when I go to the stores I often buy some supplies for drawing or painting.

WHY?
Because I think that I need it. I want to be creative again, paint and draw and just make stuff that makes me happy. But I don't have the time.
I have to work so that I can buy new stuff,
that I won't use because I don't have the time,
because I have to work, and clean up the stuff,
so that I can buy new stuff,
that I won't use because I don't have the time,
because I have to work, and clean up the stuff,
So that I can buy new stuff,
...

That's me, two years ago. A bit has changed since then.
I own 50% junk that I did two years ago. And I have to admit that I still own too much. It's hard to change, when you can't get out of your pattern, and aren't able to motivate yourself.
I stumbled upon a blog called Becoming Minimalist. This blog teaches me how to let go of the junk, and fill the space with important things to me.

I want to become a minimalist,
So that I can "Work to live" instead of "Live to work".
So that I can get a hold on my anxiety.
So that I can move out and be independent.
So that I'll have time for my friends and family.
So that I'll have time for my hobbies.
So that I can live instead of going through the motions.

I don't want to feel better than others, or be a cheapskate and have a lot of money.
I just want to feel happy.

What do you think of minimalism? Let me know in the comments below :)

Komentarze