Review: Fantastic Beasts And Where to Find Them

Image
Like many, I grew up reading the books and watching the movies. I even hoped at some point to receive a letter from Hogwarts. And when the final movie was done and watched it left a hole that no other series could fill(for a long time).

So of course I got all giddy and excited when I learned that there was a movie in the making! And last Friday I had finally time to go and see it in 3D.

In 1926, Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) goes on a trip to New York. Due to some unforeseen events with Jacob Kowalski(Dan Fogler) a 'No-Maj'=Muggle, and a Niffler (black, mole-like creature obsessed with shiny things) he gets into trouble with 'Porpen'Tina Goldstein (Katherine Waterston), a demoted Auror.
On top of that, the city is plagued by something magical and some No-Maj believe that Wizards and Witches are real.

Rating: 4.7/5.0
The movie is a great addition to the Harry Potter World, but in some ways it feels a bit alien to me. Mostly because I've never seen Wizards openly use magic with muggles all around.

I loved the creatures, dough the story could've focused more on them. I loved how Queenie and Jacob got along but Tina's and Newt interactions were a bit stiff and felt sometimes unnatural. I also like the humor incorporated into the movie and the fact that Newt is anti-social. The only major thing that bothered me is what was done to Colin Farell's character Percival Graves. I understood his actions in a twisted way, and how deep down he means well. I didn't like the ending of him, it disconnected my understanding of Graves. Love Johnny Depp but I don't know, he just doesn't fit in.

Recommendation:
I recommend this movie to practically everyone. You don't need to have any knowledge of the HP World to enjoy it, and I think that it's a great introduction into that world for those who would like to get acquainted with the HP World.

Have you seen the movie? Let me know what you think of it, in the comments below :)

Komentarze