Review: Glass Sword

Glass Sword is the second book in the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard

The story follows Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old thief who's future doesn't look bright.
And when people try to help her or she them, people die.


On the train Mare is reunited with her brother Shade, who she thought dead. She, the prince and the Scarlet Guard have to fight really hard to escape the new king Maven and his mother.
And just when Mare thinks that she's safe, she get's betrayed by the Guard and her best friend. She struggles with who she can trust and who not to. Even dough the person she refuses to trust, is the one who always has her back.

She escapes the Scarlet Guard with Farley, Shade, Cal and a few others. They help her track, train and hide others like her, before Maven can get to them.
But not everything goes to plan and she keeps trusting the wrong people.


Rating: 4.5/5.0
Overall I enjoyed Glass Sword. it gives depth to the main characters and shows how their mindset shifts. I did miss Maven in the book, but we can't have everything that we want and I'm happy that the next book will be more focused on him and Mare.
The death did shook me and I was pissed as hell because I liked that character a lot. But I have to give props to Victoria for putting the death in the perfect moment.
The read was a bit slow due to the lack of any plottwist until the end of the book.

Have you read the series? If so, let me know what you thought of Glass Sword :)

Komentarze