Review: Now You See Me 2



I saw Now You See Me in 2013 and it was one of the movies that I saw more than once in the cinema.
Four magicians, Danny Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg), Henley Reeves(Isla Fisher), Merrit McKinney(Woody Harrelson) and James Wilder(Dave Franco) are given a job, and name of the four horsemen by an unknown person.

What captured my attention is the way they used magic and the talents of the actors themselves to make the audience believe that they are magicians. Also the special effects blew me away. And the line "Come in close. because the closer you look, the less you see." Is actually the key point in being a magician.

So I couldn't wait to see the second movie.
I did like it but of course like with many sequels, it didn't blew me away like the first one.
I liked how the movie started and how you had to pay attention from the moment it started. I liked how Merrit and James during the time in hiding, but I did miss Henley. I also didn't like the introduction between Danny and Lula May(Lizzy Caplan). I did love the thing with the hat out of the bunny that references to the first movie where Henley pulled that on stage.
I loved most of the tricks and how they did them, my favorite being the one with exchanging the card (you know what I mean once you've seen the movie). I didn't like the Lula-James thing, but I loved the joke about the stuff that he usually stole and she had all of his.

Overall:
I enjoyed the movie and would see it again in the cinema, but I would lower my expectations a little so that I wouldn't be disappointed for the people who haven't seen it yet. Also a good thing is to re-watch the first movie.
I give this movie: 8.7/10

Komentarze