Review: A Court of Mist and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury is the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.


In these books the world is divided by a magic wall that separates Fea  and Humans. Because of a curse a young human girl called Feyre, travels to the Fea realm. She falls in love with a High Lord of the Spring kingdom and saves the Fea(and humans alike) from the curse and the force behind it.

In Mist and Fury we see how Feyre's relationships progress and how she deals after Under the Mountain. She also has these new powers that she doesn't know how to use and control and her view of the world shifts as she learns more about the Fea and the new danger that lies just across the sea.

I love how the characters get more dept and meaning behind their actions. And I love how the Night Court is introduced, we get the time to get used to many parts and we get a lot of background on how everything looks.

I love the development in Feyre's and Rysand's relationship(I hoped for this). And her friendship with Mor, Azriel, Cassian and even Amren.

What I didn't like is the sudden shift in Tamlin's persona. I do understand it, but it was a bit too rough. Their relationship also seemed flatter than in Thorns and Roses which made me cringe a bit. The whole Spring Court seemed a bit rushed and put aside.

And the second thing is that I could only get it in paperback, and I friggin HATE peaperbacks!

But overall I enjoyed this book a lot. And I recommend this book if you enjoy the Throne of Glass series. It does remind me a bit of Game of Thrones by G.R.R.Martin.
Overall I give this book a 8.9/10

Komentarze