Review: The Final Empire

Before I jump into the review:
Last Friday I hit 3 000 views and that was my 100th post!
To most it means little, but I had a little party when I saw it. SO to all my readers, old and new, thank you for reading my ridiculous posts! Every view makes me happy.

But without further ado.....

I heard about the Mistborn trilogy back in 2010-2011? So I read the summary-thingy one a site to see if I would like it (lots of people can say that it's good but I have my own opinion). The thingy sounded boring so I moved on to other books.

But then in the beginning of January I finished a book from the Lorien Legacies and needed a distraction. I tried to read a few books that I bought once for my tablet but didn't like it. One day one of my friends(Hi Bells) suggested that I should try the Mistborn trilogy.

Damn, was she right. I'll try not to spoil too much. I like the main and supportive characters in the story. They aren't too deep to bore you out of your mind but also not too flat. Over time you get to the point where you find out the motives that shape the characters and their actions.

One thing that B. Sanderson dreaded were how Kelsier got his scars. Yeah, he tells that he got them from the pits, but HOW?

I also like how we are introduced to the world of Allomancy step by step while the world around us unfolds. The writer doesn't spell everything out for us dough, and that is something that I like. My imagination can fill in the layout of the world and the characters.

It did take me a while to get used to the red sun, mists and ash, but the thing that I struggle the most with (currently reading the second book) is the switching in perspective and who is saying what. I like the style it's written in but I have to re-read sometimes parts of their conversations to understand them.

What is so different about this series is that while reading them I feel like, well....the mist, following the characters instead of feeling like them. I'm used to feeling like I'm inside the main character, not following a few of them. It's not a bad thing, in my opinion, just different.

All in all, it's a great book for both guys and girls. The genre is fantasy so keep an open mind when you start. You'll need a few chapters to get into it, but once you get the hang of it you won't be able to stop reading.

Overall rating:★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8.7

Have you read this book? Let me know what you thought of it, in the comments below :)

Komentarze