EN Review: Maze Runner, the Scorch Trials

Wednesday I went with Dewi to see the Maze Runner marathon (the Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials). I loved the books and liked the first movie so I was excited to see the new movie. We watched the second movie in 3D and that was a mistake. It didn't add to the movie and made my eyes sore.

mazerunner.wikia.com

The Scorch Trails is the second book in the Maze Runner trilogy from James Dashner and is now a movie. I reviewed the first movie HERE.

What I give the Scorch Trials:
Adaptation book to movie:★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
Movie overall:★★★★★★★☆☆☆

So they didn't follow the plot line from the book like they did in the first movie. I read the book before watching the movie so I had a few "WHAT!? NO! WTF!?'' moments.
I have to give it to them, the scorch looked phenomenal, and came close to what I have imagined it would look like. But the Cranks looked too much like the zombies from The Walking Dead.

The cast took me also a bit by surprise. I liked Rosa Salazar as Brenda but I imagined someone else as Jorge (Giancarlo Esposito) and Aris (Jacob Lofland). They did both great job at playing the characters, made them their own, but I hadn't imagined them like this(neither some of my friend who watched the movie too).

I still loved the performance of Dylan O'Brian(Thomas), Thomas Brodie-Sangster(Newt) and Ki Hong Lee(Minho). Especially Newts one-liners.

I recommend for the action-thriller movie fans and the book lovers to see it in the cinema but preferably in 2D.

Komentarze